Lock in your early-bird discount before anyone notices.
Lock in your early-bird discount before anyone notices.
The best deal in racing can be even better for early birds. With the Banquet up at Thunderhill Saturday night, Sunday is dedicated solely to the 56th annual RDC Enduro. It’ll be up on MSR real soon, so keep an eye out! Here’s the formula:
The RDC, for 2015, is handing out ‘Early Bird’ discounts in the form of rebate checks (issued at the Enduro).
The discounts are as follows;
The first 10 Enduro Team entries received from the time Enduro Registration opens, until September 10th, will each receive a $150 rebate from RDC.
After the first 10 entries have been received, the next 10 Enduro Team entries (11th – 20th) who enter any time from opening of registration up to September 20th, will each receive a $100 rebate from RDC.
After 20 entries have been received, the next 10 Enduro Team entries (21st – 30th) who enter any time from opening of registration up to September 30th, will each receive a $50 rebate from RDC.
After a total of 30 entries have been received, the next 10 Enduro Team entries (31st – 40th) who enter any time from opening of registration up to October 5th, will each receive a $25 rebate from RDC.
After 40 entries have been received, regardless of timeframe, there will be no more rebates.
The 56th annual Racing Drivers Club Illgen Enduro will be held on October 25, 2015 at Thunderhill Raceway as part of the San Francisco Region’s final event. It will be a 4 hour enduro on the 3-mile track. The Supplementary Rules and Regulations, as well as run group format and rules for tag team handicapping, will be published very shortly and posted on our Enduro Tab. To enter, you will need to be an RDC member, but if you join now (still $35) prior to the SFR Regional Opener March 7-8, all of your regular season racing points will count toward the separate RDC points series.
Don’t forget that your RDC membership expired at the stroke of midnight on December 31st. If you want to get RDC series points from the season Regional opener on March 8-9th, and max your cumulative points, you need to click on that Membership tab and get your application in. As Always, Associate, non-racing members are free.
On the assumption that racers would rather race than qualify, at the last Laguna Regional, a new 3 race weekend experiment was tried, and it was followed up by a detailed survey of drivers and workers to see if it would be continued; The results of that survey are in. Workers almost universally liked the idea and included a lot of operational suggestions on how it could be made more efficient. Drivers gave positive reviews, but with certain Run Groups wanting to continue (Group 5 was 100% at 18-0, Group 6 was 92%, and Group 7 was 79%) and the other groups not wanting the new format. Check the official Region schedule to confirm but it looks like each group will race as they voted.
The important point here is that nobody loses track time. Time-on-track and number of sessions is unchanged whether you are running a 2 or a 3 race format: It is either P,Q1,R1, Q2,R2 (conventional 2 race format) or P,Q1,R1,R2,R3 (the new 3 race format). Note is that race credit is (as it has always been) calculated by sanction number when it comes to renewing your license with SCCA.
Thanks to Chris Cox of our Autox program for tipping us off to the secret path for leaving Laguna Seca on any Sunday without having to slog thru all of the 101 traffic. Use Highway 1 north until Watsonville and take eastbound Highway 129 (thru Watsonville) to re-connect with 101 PAST the perpetual traffic jamb. It works! And it works WITH a trailer. Even this last weekend after ALMS-Thank you Chris!
CORRECTED and APPROVED
Minutes of the RDC Board of Directors meeting held March 16, 2011 in Lafayette, California. President Fred Peterson called the meeting to order at 7:36 PM.
Members attending: Fred Peterson, President, Enduro Chair, Trophy Chair , Scholarship Chair, SanF Board Liaison; Dave Jalen, Secretary; Anthony Tabacco, Web Master.
1) Approval of previous meetings minutes: Fred moved the minutes be approved as corrected. Tony seconded the motion. The motion to approve the corrected minutes was passed unanimously.
2) Membership Report: The updated statistics are that the RDC currently has 65 members, 5 life members and 2 associate members.
3) Treasurers Report: Fred reporting: The RDC is solvent at this time as income exceeds expenses.
4) Website: Tony: The RDC had a request for information concerning a Lotus 11 that raced in the late 60’s. Larry Albedi was contacted and he remembered racing against the car. With Larry’s approval, Tony forwarded his contact information to the car owner for follow-up.
5) Illgen Enduro: Fred: Fred will be going to Thunderhill Friday to meet with Sherry Grantz regarding using MotorSportReg.com for enduro entries. He will also contact Brian at MotorSportsReg.com for further information.
6) Mentoring Program: There is one new student currently interested in the RDC’s mentoring program. The student competes in the ITR class. Fred is attempting to re-instate the pre-race drive-arounds. He will be contacting the Stewards, Ian Cook and Steve Jaroch.
7) SCCA Liaison Report: No report was available.
8) Will Pool Memorial Scholarship: Fred: The 2011 recipient, Seth Reid, was very appreciative of the Scholarship he was awarded. He has written an article for “The Wheel” and the “RDC Newsletter”. A new application form is needed as noted at the previous meeting.
9) Old Business
10) New Business:
a) Donations to SFR Social and WAF fro 2011: Fred: There will be three SFR Regionals at Thunderhill in 2011. The first and third have sponsors for the Socials. It was decided that the RDC will provide a partial sponsorship for the Social at the July Double Regional at Thunderhill.
b) The RDC is running out of RDC checkered flags. The RDC will be awarding checkered flags to the winners of the SFR’s Festival Races and Enduro winners this year so more flags will be required. Fred will investigate different ways of handling this and report back to the Board.
The next meeting will be held on April 20th, Wednesday, in Lafayette at 7 PM.
President Fred Peterson adjourned the meeting at 8:45 PM.
Dave Jalen, Secretary, respectfully submits these minutes.